Software Engineer (DevOps focus)
The company and the team
Transform the open internet away from cookies, while managing the most exciting real-time tech!
The future of digital marketing is cookie-less. It is ID free. It is privacy-first. And Digiseg is already there.
Our services handle a massive 650,000 requests per second!
We are looking for a Software Engineer with DevOps focus to join our tech team.
You will focus on maturing and developing our delivery of data and software in the cloud. Your work will help ensure that billions of requests per day are served properly and within the limited time available. We want to invest in and improve our monitoring of system and infrastructure health, our data pipelines, and our CI/CD deployments.
If you have a strong background in – or are looking to learn and grow – DevOps practices, CloudOps management, and automation, and you thrive in a collaborative environment, we want to hear from you. We will consider profiles with varying amounts of experience.
You will be a core member of the tech team, participating in most software development activities like architecture, system design and engineering. Your specific focus within the team will be:
- Implement and manage data pipelines and CI/CD pipelines, ensuring efficient and reliable deployment processes
- Build and mature our infrastructure as code (IaC), configuration management, and automated provisioning to achieve scalable and maintainable cloud infrastructure
- Implement and maintain monitoring and observability tools to ensure high system reliability and performance
- Build out staging and test environments, facilitating smooth and reliable testing of software releases
- Lead Kubernetes deployment and scaling efforts, optimizing containerized applications for high availability and performance
- Keep an eye on our cloud costs and identify areas for cost reduction and optimization
Digiseg’s current tech stack is primarily built around the programming language Go, containerisation with Kubernetes and Docker, CI/CD with GitHub Actions, and monitoring with Grafana. We deploy to multiple cloud providers and Linux-based data centres. As DevOps Engineer you will be a key member of evolving this stack.
We are considering profiles with various levels of experience, so if you have a strong background in – or are looking to learn and grow – DevOps practices, CloudOps management, and automation, and you thrive in a collaborative environment, we want to hear from you. Depending on the individual, these are some of the things we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field (or equivalent work experience)
- Experience in DevOps and CloudOps practices, including designing and managing CI/CD pipelines, infrastructure automation, and deployment strategies
- Strong understanding of Docker and Kubernetes deployment and scaling, optimizing containerized applications for performance and availability
- Experience with monitoring and observability, ensuring effective system health and performance monitoring
- Proficiency in scripting and programming languages for automation tasks
- Certifications such as Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA) are advantageous but not mandatory
What we offer
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work with cutting-edge technology, a talented team of professionals in a dynamic and innovative industry. We are based in the centre of Copenhagen and we like to spend most of our time together in the office, but WFH a couple of days per week is also fine.
Digiseg is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Posted on Oct 16, 2023.
Apply for this job
Find the job listing interesting? Apply by clicking on the button below.